Wednesday, February 5, 2014

I've Changed My Mind ... Do I really want to become an author? (PB)

I guess my title contradicts itself since this is supposed to be considered a passion blog, but in reality, I've lost my passion for writing or doing anything related to it. I had to complete this story I wrote about a year ago for this writing contest due this Friday 2/7/14. I tried bringing myself to write this story, until I realized I'd lost all desire and passion to continue unraveling this story line into something much more interesting for someone other than my own eyes to take interest in. In the midst of being halfway into my senior year, I am now beginning to question whether or not writing is really my "passion" and if its simply just a hobby of mine. I am reading books off this app called Wattpad. This app consists of so many different and amazing writers who write such crazy stories that you can't help not to glue your eyes to each word as every single one continues to reel you in, just as the author is expecting you to. I am not sure if I have the capability of doing that. I know I probably shouldn't compare myself to other people's ideals of what it means to truly write a good story, but I am not saddened by this revelation either. I think life simply might have other plans for me, and I am simply hiding behind this facade of mine because I am afraid to reach my full potential. I think I know what I want to accomplish now, and although it has been there this whole time in front of me, I am going to stop comparing myself to others and simply do what I have always been told to do, believe in myself.

1 comment:

  1. Well, from what I've heard about writing, almost all authors stink at first. It takes a lot of time and practice to become any good. If you enjoy writing, keep writing. One day, you may find that you are ready to share your writing with others.

    ReplyDelete